Thursday 26 July 2012

Would you put this on your face?







A couple of months ago I treated myself to a new skin care set by Avene (which I haven’t reviewed yet) but as I was travelling to my boyfriend’s house the toner leaked into my bag. Luckily there wasn’t too much product lost but it did get on to a few of my things. I took everything out gave it a wipe and left it to dry.

Later on when I came back to put things back in my bag I noticed two 1 pence pieces that were covered in some kind of green coating, I can’t really describe how they feel, the product itself is supposed to reduce oil and mattify the skin and the coin definitely feels matified, and a lot smoother like it had corroded some of the coin.

Since using this it hasn’t caused any problems on my skin that I can see, but after seeing what it has done to the coin I’m confused as to whether it doing things to my skin that I haven’t seen yet or it was just a reaction with the metal of  the coin?

I’d love to know what you guys think. Have you ever used this product before? Or have you seen have this kind of reaction on anything? 

On a lighter note it’s my birthday on Saturday! :D So I won’t be posting much this weekend but I have lots to come next week. Have a good weekend all! 


4 comments:

  1. That's so bizarre! And kind of alarming. I'm sure I've seen this kind of thing before but I'm not sure where or why - if I'm remembering rightly though, copper reacts with certain acids and I think this stuff has salicylic acid in it, so maybe it's that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must be a reaction, but its just quite eye opening you just dont know if it could be doing things to your skin xx

      Delete
  2. it could be the alcohol in the toner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is. Was just shocked at the effect it had! x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...