Monday 29 October 2012

Why do you wear makeup?

 Hellooo you lovely lot, today I am jumping on the bandwagon of another tag: ‘Why do you wear makeup?’ When I first saw this tag I though good question! When did I go from being a fresh faced youngster to covering my face in slap every day? I suppose its part of growing up and trying to grow old gracefully.

When did you begin loving make-up? I think like most little girls I was always intrigued by makeup. I remember getting my first little make up set for Christmas and trying to copy my mum. Needless to say I ended up looking like a clown with bright blue eye shadow, red lips and ridiculously round red circles on my cheeks; thankfully I think it’s safe to say I have come a long way from those days. At school I would wear the cheapest foundation I could find and a bit of mascara. I had no idea how to properly apply foundation so you can just imagine my lovely orange face with my lily white body, no wonder I never had a boyfriend! It wasn’t until maybe two years ago that I would say my obsession started. I wanted a new foundation and decided to have a look on the internet to see what was best. Low and behold I discovered a whole community on the web of cosmetic lovers, reading review after review I couldn’t get enough of searching for and buying new products. So you might say I’m actually pretty new to the makeup world.

How do you feel without make-up? It’s actually quite scary how low my self-esteem is without it. At school I was a bit of a chunk and wore my glasses every day. Then came the time when I lost a bit of weight, got contact lenses and started to really make more of an effort with my makeup. It really is amazing how different I started being treated, people approached me more, making friends was easier even boys started to talk to me! It’s sad to say but I do think make up has a lot to do with this and when I don’t wear makeup it kind of takes me back to my ‘invisible’ days where I had no self-confidence what so ever. (Jeeez don’t I sound chirpy today, this was supposed to be a fun tag!)

What do you like about make-up? I love the way it’s so versatile. You can completely change the look of your face, you can cover up the bags under your eyes and I just think it’s quite fun experimenting. My makeup is usually quite natural but I love being able to give advice to my friends and help do theirs. And I love how it makes me feel. It such a good feeling getting ready for a night out and looking in the mirror thinking ‘yeah, I scrub up alright’ J

Three 'Holy Grail' items

♥ Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer. A bargainous product for only £4.19 my blemishes and bags are hidden incredibly. A must for a bad skin day.

♥ Mascara. I am a mascara addict. I’m quite lucky to have long eyelashes any way but I think that it give your face a a great finish. My current favourite is Max Factor Eye Brightening mascara, this product can do no wrong for me.

 RealTechniques Buffing Brush. I can’t believe how long I went without this using brushes makes such a difference when trying to create a flawless look. Such a simple item with amazing results


Have you done this tag yet? does make up give you as much confidence as it does me?






5 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! really well written! (i was a bit of a 'chunk' too hehe!)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! I like to think ive got better with age haha x

      Delete
  2. i love this tag, youve got some really great asnwers here. i think no-make up and self-confidence is something that nearly every girl can relate to. i definitely can relate to being treated differently when i wear it compared to when i dont. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah :)im glad you can relate i hate feeling self conscious but its nice to know im not alone x

      Delete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...