Wednesday 28 November 2012

Rouge à lèvres lasting finish by Kate in Rossetto

Rossetto 022

So I have done it, I have taken the plunge to brave my first red lip! I don't know why I'm such a wimp when it comes to lip colour, I think I'm just scared in case I get it wrong which is stupid I know because make up is all about experimenting.

Anyway so here is it, I opted for Rimmel's Rouge à lèvres Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in Rossetto, I've heard a lot of good things about this line so after swatching a few colours I decided this was the one. Rosetto is a gorgeous deep red which is perfect for a dramatic stand out look and giving you that bit of edge.

The colour applies easily and is very pigmented, so for a wuss like me I apply it lightly and then build on it. The staying power is great and lasted for the majority of my night, it only needed a top up after I had eaten which is to be expected.

My one negative with this lipstick is that I found that it left my lips feeling quite dry and wasn't hydrating at all. I now tend to use a lip balm before applying this.

Overall I am happy with my first red lip and I'm looking forward to being adventurous with more colours.

Rimmel Lasting Finish lipsticks by Kate can be picked up from Boots for £5.49.

What lipsticks would you recommend?


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Rimmel moisture renew is an extremely moisturising lipstick and the packaging is quite hot too! Just be carefull a bit with it because you might need a barrier it can tend to splurge a bit. Here's a link to it http://www.boots.com/en/Rimmel-Moisture-Renew-Lipstick_847102/ I have reviewed this, but not taken any pictures yet to publish the post! Im sure if you use some loose powder or setting powder around your lips before hand or a lip primer it would be fine. I've worn it without and it stays put as long as you don't touch it! Hope that helps :)

    www.jadoreik.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely colour - I have this too... It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! was worried i couldnt pull it off :) x

      Delete
  3. Such a gorgeous colour, really suits you x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo i need to start being a bit more adventourus i think x

      Delete
  4. Love the colour , you're tooo gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...