Monday 28 January 2013

MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation

Blush Beige 02

For the past year or to my go to everyday foundation has been the Revlon Colourstay for Combination /Oily skin and while I'm still a fan I just felt that throughout the winter months it was leaving my skin feeling a little dull. Do you ever have the feeling when you have finished your make up that it still just looks a bit..meh? I decided a foundation shake up was in order.

Before Christmas I had just move house so even though I wanted to test a high end foundation my bank balance just wouldn't allow it. After a lot of swatching I decided to go with the MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation in Blush Beige.

I've never tried a cream foundation before so I was quite intrigued and as the Laura Mercier foundation I was is called ‘Silk Crème’ I was hoping it might be similar?

The packaging is plastic which I'm not so keen on but I do like the fact that the inside moves up so you can see how much you have left, if that makes sense, (the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation does the same thing).

The product is dispensed by a pump and I use one pump to cover my whole face. This foundation blends into the skin so easily! I think that may be because it’s a cream, but I've never had a foundation that buffs in so easily and blends so well, this foundation with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush is a dream team. The coverage is medium but can be built up and it gives a semi matte finish, I wouldn't say matte but I also wouldn't say dewy so somewhere is the middle which is perfect for me as my t-zone can get quite oily I don’t want to much of a shiny finish.

The staying power is great and lasts the majority of my working day without the need to reapply.
The name states the word ‘Flawless’ which is a big promise but I have to agree, it covers all my blemishes and redness and leaves my skin looking smooth and healthy. It also has a slight vanilla scent when applying which is quite nice.

The MeMeMe Flawless Cream Foundation retails for £12.50 which is creeping up on the pricy side for a high street foundation but I’d say for the quality it’s worth the price. The only thing that would make this product better is a glass bottle.

Have you tried this foundation or anything from MeMeMe? What’s your favourite high street foundation?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't tried anything from MeMeMe but this foundation looks lovely on you! I love Revlon's Colorstay but the one thing that gets me is not being able to see how much product is left so this sounds great!

    Amy at PaintPotted xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same i love how this bottle works so you can see every last bit :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've not tried any mememe but this sounds great! xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've been quite impressed with their products so far xx

      Delete
  3. this sounds really good, it looks gorgeous on in the pic :)Ive never found a high street foundation that I like :( but I'm determined!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too its my mission! but this is one of the best ive tried xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely review. Sounds nice! Ill see if can find this!
    Hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  5. never tried this but it sounds interesting - i quite like the packaging too! I love the buffing brush for cream foundation too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can't fault the buffing brush it works so well with this! xx

      Delete
  6. This sounds gorgeous. I never think to go to brands like mememe for foundations. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i didnt either it was just on a complete whim that i tried but so glad i did xx

      Delete
  7. I've never had anything from me me me but all I've heard is good things I'm trying to find my perfect drugstore foundation at the moment and I think I will give this a go . Xxx ps I love your blog I'm now following ! Coleoftheballl33.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try that one it sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...