Friday 12 July 2013

MyProtein Chocolate Chip Muffins


Over the last month or so I have found my inner gym freak, I've even started going to the gym at 6.30 in the morning! Crazy I know but I'm actually really enjoying it.

I’ve changed my session’s form mainly cardio to more resistance and weight training and my trainer recommended that I increase my protein levels throughout the day to help my muscles recover faster.
When I was asked by The Hut if I wanted to sample some protein muffins I about fell of my seat, protein muffins! I can tell you it is not going to be hard for me to squeeze these bad boys into my diet.

The Myprotein Chocolate Chip Protein Muffins contain a massive 19grams of protein so that ups my protein intake dramatically! They taste absolutely delicious, if you didn't know they were from Myprotein you would never be able to tell, they don’t have a ‘healthy’ taste if that makes sense, they are well and truly packed with chocolate chips. I caught my boyfriend scoffing one the other day and he just thought he was getting a great chocolaty treat!

I have either been eating the muffins for breakfast with fruit after my work out or as an afternoon snack. I wouldn't just eat one at night because I wanted pudding.

They are quite high in calories at 387 per muffin so if you’re a calorie counter I imagine you are screaming at the screen right now. But my trainer has reassured me that for the amount of resistance training I'm doing these are perfectly fine as long as the rest of your diet is balanced, you don’t gorge on more than one and I try not to have one every day.

You can find these and lots more MyProtein products over on The Hut Website.

What do you think? Have you tried any products from Myprotein? Will you be trying these?










5 comments:

  1. These look delicious, healthy as well ;)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm these are right up my street! I work in a cake shop and its soo hard to resist but if I got these I would be able to have my healthy treat as well as getting protein!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so tasty!but yeh I think to be enjoyed with your resistance training!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really yummy!
    Great blog, so I'm a new follower on GFC =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound and look amazing, I love how it's something healthy disguised as a muffin!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...