Wednesday 23 October 2013

And I've Given In To The Hype...Again


It always happens; you see so many rave reviews about a product that you have to have it in your life. My spending ban was going so well but this weekend just gone I felt like I needed a little pick me up so a trip to Boots happened.

I've been so busy at work recently that the whole Bourjois Happy Light hype had managed to get passed me it wasn't until I saw a picture of the new range on Instagram that it really grabbed my attention. I was so happy that in the little Boots where I live stocked the primers so I opted for the Luminous Serum Primer to give my skin a little pick me up and I have to say so far so good! It keeps my made up in place and gives my skin a nice glow and at the moment its only £6.99 so it would have just been rude not too.

The Maybelline Baby Lips hype really did not excite me. To me they just seemed like a lip balm with bright tacky packaging. However after seeing swatches over on Pearls and Poodles I was a bit more intrigued. So I finally caved and o my goodness I wish I had bought them earlier! The colours are gorgeous and it really does leave my lips super soft, it does need reapplying throughout the day but for £2.99 that’s to be expected and to be honest I enjoy reapplying it, they taste nice too!

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is actually a repurchase, I can’t remember how long ago it was when I gave into this hype but I haven’t tried any other concealer since. It’s amazing at covering blemishes and lasts all day. I won’t harp on too much about this as I'm sure you have all seen countless reviews but seriously if you haven’t tried this…why not?!


What have you been buying lately? Do you give into blogger hype easily?









6 comments:

  1. The collection concealer is my absolute favourite! Don't know what I did without it! I wasn't overly fussed with babylips though, they just seemed like a pretty average quality slightly tinted balm, although for the price they're fine as a handbag backup! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all deserve a little pick me up now and then! I'm that same as you with the baby lips, still haven't tried them though! I've being wearing the body shop lipsticks none stop this month :) xx
    http://peachynotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've still not given into the babylips hype even though they're cheap. I have enough lip balms at the moment but will definitely try them out eventually.
    I've just given into the origins drink up mask hype. Excited xJoannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collection concealer a lot too, such a great little bargain product!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel exactly the same about the Baby Lips, really didn't get the hype but my friend got me one the other day and its gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try out the Bonjour Happy Light :) Might have to give it a go soon.
    I haven't jumped on the Babylips-banwagon - and I don't think I am going to. I just, no.

    Great post though!

    Mlhauken // Beauty, Lifestyle & a bit Fashion

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all of your comments and appreciate you finding the time to write them. Tweet me if you have any questions! @eatplayshopblog :) Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...